ACQUISITIONS WORK LEADER
EXPECTATIONS FOR ALL EMPLOYEES
East Tennessee State University pursues its mission based upon core values. An employee's job performance must support and exhibit the university's core values:
PEOPLE come first, are
treated with dignity and respect, and are encouraged to achieve their full
RELATIONSHIPS are built on honesty, integrity and trust;
DIVERSITY of people and thought is respected;
EXCELLENCE is achieved through teamwork, leadership, creativity, and a strong work ethic;
EFFICIENCY is achieved through wise use of human and financial resources; and
COMMITMENT to intellectual achievement is embraced.
Employees in this class are under general supervision. Work performed in overseeing clerical work and processing requests for library materials. Performs other duties as assigned.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED
- Schedules work and assigns tasks for processing orders, filing, etc.
- Checks work on notes and cards and corrects errors.
- Explains library regulations, reference manuals and guidelines.
- Interviews, hires, and terminates students.
- Compiles production records and tabulates data.
- Completes systematic search of bibliographic tools and references.
- Reviews card catalogs, bibliographic catalogs, publishers catalogs, etc.
- Obtains, completes, or corrects bibliographic description and price information on order card.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Ability to plan and coordinate the work of others.
- Ability to attend to details.
- Knowledge of library filing and classification systems.
- Ability to extract information from conversation and/or documents.
- Ability to proofread written materials.
- Ability to assess applicants in relation to position requirements.
- Ability to explain procedures verbally and by demonstration.
- Ability to express ideas in writing.
- Ability to evaluate effectiveness of procedures.
- Ability to identify skills, abilities, and performance deficiencies of
Applicants possessing these qualifications have a good probability for
success in this class. However, applicants not possessing these qualifications
should apply if they believe their training and experience will enable them to
perform the work successfully. Bachelor's degree plus one year experience in
acquisitions/technical processing or equivalent course work; ability to type.
5/2004 6 613121312