ADMISSIONS AND RECORDS LEAD WORKER
EXPECTATIONS FOR ALL EMPLOYEES
East Tennessee State University pursues its mission based upon core values. An employee's job performance must support and exhibit the university's core values:
PEOPLE come first, are
treated with dignity and respect, and are encouraged to achieve their full
RELATIONSHIPS are built on honesty, integrity and trust;
DIVERSITY of people and thought is respected;
EXCELLENCE is achieved through teamwork, leadership, creativity, and a strong work ethic;
EFFICIENCY is achieved through wise use of human and financial resources; and
COMMITMENT to intellectual achievement is embraced.
Employees in this class are under general supervision. Work performed in a lead work capacity in a section of admissions and records and performing related work as required.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED
- Serves in a lead work capacity to other employees answering questions and maintaining the work flow.
- Reviews work and assists subordinates.
- Posts grade changes, repeats and credit by examination to student records.
- Reviews student records and verifies that all requirements for graduation are met.
- Processes student applications and posts and files necessary information.
- Answers questions concerning admissions requirements and transcript evaluations.
- Prepares and mails official transcripts as requested.
- Answers telephone and gives information to callers or routes calls to the appropriate officials.
- Performs other work as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of business English and arithmetic.
- Knowledge of modern office practices, procedures and equipment.
- Knowledge of organizational rules, regulations, and procedures pertaining to admissions and records.
- Ability to direct the work of others.
- Ability to evaluate situations and make decisions.
- Ability to type accurately at an acceptable rate of speed.
- Ability to express ideas clearly, concisely, and convincingly.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with
students, the public and other employees.
Applicants possessing these qualifications have a good probability for
success in this class. However, applicants not possessing these qualifications
should apply if they believe their training and experience will enable them to
perform the work successfully. Graduation from a standard high school including
or supplemented by courses in typing. Experience in admissions and records at a
college or university.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the
types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given
this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties
and responsibilities of any particular position.
3/6/85 5 522021233
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position.