ADMISSIONS AND RECORDS SUPERVISOR
EXPECTATIONS FOR ALL EMPLOYEES
East Tennessee State University pursues its mission based upon core values. An employee's job performance must support and exhibit the university's core values:
PEOPLE come first, are
treated with dignity and respect, and are encouraged to achieve their full
RELATIONSHIPS are built on honesty, integrity and trust;
DIVERSITY of people and thought is respected;
EXCELLENCE is achieved through teamwork, leadership, creativity, and a strong work ethic;
EFFICIENCY is achieved through wise use of human and financial resources; and
COMMITMENT to intellectual achievement is embraced.
Employees in this class are under general supervision. Work performed in supervising the operations concerning the flow of work related to admissions, registration, and maintenance of records and performing related work as required.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED
- Supervises the flow of work involved in processing admission applications and the maintenance of records of current and past students.
- Assigns work areas and work schedules.
- Reviews work and assists subordinates.
- Approves transfer credits for students transferring to the institution.
- Certifies students have completed all requirements for graduation.
- Maintains adequate inventory of supplies.
- Assists in the selection of office equipment.
- Performs other work as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of admission and graduation requirements and record maintenance.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of supervision.
- Knowledge of modern office procedures, practices, and equipment.
- Knowledge of business English and arithmetic.
- Ability to direct the flow of a large volume of work.
- Ability to evaluate situations and make decisions.
- Ability to direct the work of others.
- Ability to formulate reports.
- Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with
students, the public and other employees.
Applicants possessing these qualifications have a good probability for
success in this class. However, applicants not possessing these qualifications
should apply if they believe their training and experience will enable them to
perform the work successfully. Graduation from a standard high school.
Considerable experience in office work involving records maintenance of which
some experience should have been in a supervisory capacity.
5/2004 7 613231232