Title Code: 4036
ASSISTANT TO THE CONTRACT OFFICER
EXPECTATIONS FOR ALL EMPLOYEES
East Tennessee State University pursues its mission based upon core values. An employee's job performance must support and exhibit the university's core values:
first, are treated with dignity and respect, and are encouraged to achieve their
RELATIONSHIPS are built on honesty, integrity and trust;
DIVERSITY of people and thought is respected;
EXCELLENCE is achieved through teamwork, leadership, creativity, and a strong work ethic;
EFFICIENCY is achieved through wise use of human and financial resources; and
COMMITMENT to intellectual achievement is embraced.
Employees in this class are under general
supervision. Work performed in maintaining university contractual agreements,
and performing other related work as required.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED
- Logs in and maintains contractual agreements and files.
- Prepares and reviews Agreement Routing Forms.
- Reviews all contracts to ensure correct verbiage and clauses.
- Negotiates with outside parties regarding the disposition of impermissible clauses.
- Works with departments in the development and drafting of contracts.
- Prepares quarterly TBR report.
- Maintains motor pool records as they relate to vehicle registration.
- Coordinates response to TBR regarding claims for injuries, damages, etc.
- Coordinates reporting of missing/stolen TBR inventory.
- Provides assistance to office staff as needed.
- Performs other work as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of basic contract law.
- Knowledge of computers.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to work independently.
Applicants possessing these qualifications have a
good probability for success in this class. However, applicants not possessing
these qualifications should apply if they believe their training and experience
will enable them to perform the work successfully. Graduation from a standard
high school including or supplemented by courses in general office practices;
three years legal, secretarial or paralegal training required.
Date Skill Eval
8/25/05 9 724121342
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position.