ATHLETIC TICKET MANAGER
EXPECTATIONS FOR ALL EMPLOYEES
East Tennessee State University pursues its mission based upon core values. An employee's job performance must support and exhibit the university's core values:
PEOPLE come first, are
treated with dignity and respect, and are encouraged to achieve their full
RELATIONSHIPS are built on honesty, integrity and trust;
DIVERSITY of people and thought is respected;
EXCELLENCE is achieved through teamwork, leadership, creativity, and a strong work ethic;
EFFICIENCY is achieved through wise use of human and financial resources; and
COMMITMENT to intellectual achievement is embraced.
Employees in this class are under general supervision. Work performed in designing, promoting and distributing athletic tickets; accounting and depositing money collected for the games; supervising ticket sellers, and gate attendants, and performing related work as required.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED
- Designs, purchases, promotes, and distributes athletic tickets.
- Maintains ledger sheets and seating charts for season ticket holders.
- Performs secretarial duties related to the ticket office and athletic business affairs.
- Represents the athletic department promoting the sale of tickets at civic clubs, etc.
- Supervises ticket sellers and gate attendants.
- Posts amount of cash received and tickets sold.
- Performs other work as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of principles and methods of bookkeeping.
- Knowledge of business English and arithmetic.
- Knowledge of principles and methods of supervision.
- Ability to speak before an audience.
- Ability to make arithmetic computations and tabulations accurately.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to compose a variety of correspondence.
- Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with
the students, the public and other employees.
Applicants possessing these qualifications have a good probability for
success in this class. However, applicants not possessing these qualifications
should apply if they believe their training and experience will enable them to
perform the work successfully. Graduation from a standard high school including
or supplemented by courses in typing and bookkeeping. Some experience in sales
promotion or public relations.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the
types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given
this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties
and responsibilities of any particular position.
10/1/80 5 513011132
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position.