AUXILIARY SERVICES CLERK
EXPECTATIONS FOR ALL EMPLOYEES
East Tennessee State University pursues its mission based upon core values. An employee's job performance must support and exhibit the university's core values:
PEOPLE come first, are
treated with dignity and respect, and are encouraged to achieve their full
RELATIONSHIPS are built on honesty, integrity and trust;
DIVERSITY of people and thought is respected;
EXCELLENCE is achieved through teamwork, leadership, creativity, and a strong work ethic;
EFFICIENCY is achieved through wise use of human and financial resources; and
COMMITMENT to intellectual achievement is embraced.
Employees in this class are under general supervision. Work performed in coordinating various activities at an off-campus center and performing related work as required.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED
- Operates the off-campus bookstore by stocking books and supplies, selling and buying back books, and supervising part-time employees.
- Requisitions supplies, books, etc. from main campus and makes runs to pick up these materials.
- Maintains an inventory of audio-visual equipment and supplies at the center.
- Performs some minor maintenance on audio-visual equipment and transports the equipment to the main campus for more extensive repairs.
- Performs other work as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of basic requisitioning and stocking methods and practices.
- Knowledge of basic inventory methods and procedures.
- Knowledge of various audio-visual and related equipment used at the center.
- Ability to stock, maintain, sell and buy back books and materials used at the center.
- Ability to perform minor maintenance on audio-visual and related equipment.
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle in picking up and delivering supplies and equipment.
- Ability to direct the work of others on a part-time basis.
- Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with
the students and other employees.
Applicants possessing these qualifications have a good probability for
success in this class. However, applicants not possessing these qualifications
should apply if they believe their training and experience will enable them to
perform the work successfully. Successful completion of two years at an
accredited college or university. Possession of a valid Tennessee operator
license as issued by the Tennessee Department of Safety.
5/1/83 3 332012123
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the
types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given
this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties
and responsibilities of any particular position.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position.