CUSTOMER SUPPORT SPECIALIST
FOR ALL EMPLOYEES East Tennessee State University pursues its mission based
upon core values. An employee's job performance must support and exhibit the
university's core values: PEOPLE come first, are
treated with dignity and respect, and are encouraged to achieve their full
RELATIONSHIPS are built on honesty, integrity and trust;
DIVERSITY of people and thought is respected;
EXCELLENCE is achieved through teamwork, leadership, creativity, and a strong work ethic;
EFFICIENCY is achieved through wise use of human and financial resources; and
COMMITMENT to intellectual achievement is embraced.
EXPECTATIONS FOR ALL EMPLOYEES
Employees in this class are under general
supervision. Work performed in providing support to users in various academic or
administrative departments by assessing, training and assisting with the
utilization, application and integration of hardware and software solutions, and
performing other related duties as assigned.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED
- Assists users in assigned campus area.
- Assesses, trains and assists with the utilization, application and integration of hardware and software solutions.
- Revises help desk ticket documentation.
- Trains end users or technical support staff on how to apply instructional or administrative software.
- Trains end users or technical support staff to use and support hardware and software
- Performs software and hardware installation.
- Participates in the development of professional standards and guidelines for program and job documentation.
- Consults with users to gather information about technology needs.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of all computer operations system hardware, and related equipment.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows Operating Systems.
- Knowledge of workstation configuration and troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP.
- Knowledge of data control, data conversion, and help desk functions.
- Ability to solve technical hardware/software problems.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups.
- Ability to listen and comprehend effectively.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to work independently.
Applicants possessing these qualifications have a
good probability for success in this class. However, applicants not possessing
these qualifications should apply if they believe their training and experience
will enable them to perform the work successfully. Associate’s degree required;
bachelor’s degree preferred in computer science or related field.
Date Skill Eval
8/29/05 11 834132331
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the
types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given
this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties
and responsibilities of any particular position.