DATA ENTRY OPERATOR
FOR ALL EMPLOYEES East Tennessee State University pursues its mission based
upon core values. An employee's job performance must support and exhibit the
university's core values: PEOPLE come first, are
treated with dignity and respect, and are encouraged to achieve their full
RELATIONSHIPS are built on honesty, integrity and trust;
DIVERSITY of people and thought is respected;
EXCELLENCE is achieved through teamwork, leadership, creativity, and a strong work ethic;
EFFICIENCY is achieved through wise use of human and financial resources; and
COMMITMENT to intellectual achievement is embraced.
EXPECTATIONS FOR ALL EMPLOYEES
Employees in this class are under general supervision. Work performed
in operating an alpha-numeric keypunch machine and/or on-line data entry
terminal, executing routine clerical tasks and performing related work
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED
- Operates a keypunch and/or on-line data entry terminal in recording data.
- Operates a verifying machine in checking the accuracy of cards punched.
- Files, codes, and sorts machine data.
- Performs a variety of clerical tasks including typing and answering telephones.
- Performs other work as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of business English and arithmetic.
- Knowledge of modern office practices, procedures and equipment.
- Ability to work independently on a variety of responsible clerical tasks.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to satisfactorily perform on an alpha-numeric keypunch machine and/or on-line data entry terminal.
- Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship
with the students and other employees.
Applicants possessing these qualifications have a good probability for
success in this class. However, applicants not possessing these qualifications
should apply if they believe their training and experience will enable
them to perform the work successfully. Graduation from a standard high
school. Six months of progressively responsible experience in operating
required data entry equipment and/or successful completion of a six month
training course in an accredited program or institution.
7/1/84 3 422011113
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the
types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given
this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties
and responsibilities of any particular position.