FOR ALL EMPLOYEES East Tennessee State University pursues its mission based
upon core values. An employee's job performance must support and exhibit the
university's core values: PEOPLE come first, are
treated with dignity and respect, and are encouraged to achieve their full
RELATIONSHIPS are built on honesty, integrity and trust;
DIVERSITY of people and thought is respected;
EXCELLENCE is achieved through teamwork, leadership, creativity, and a strong work ethic;
EFFICIENCY is achieved through wise use of human and financial resources; and
COMMITMENT to intellectual achievement is embraced.
EXPECTATIONS FOR ALL EMPLOYEES
Employees in this class are under close supervision. Work performed
in using standard farm tools and equipment in manual farm work and performing
related work as required.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED
- Operates farm tractors and related equipment
- Planting, cultivating, and harvesting crops.
- Cleaning farm buildings and equipment.
- Assists in repair of farm equipment and buildings.
- Feeds farm livestock.
- Performs other work as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of basic farming methods and techniques.
- Knowledge of the proper use and care of farm tools and farming equipment.
- Ability to perform manual labor for extended periods of time.
- Ability to operate farm tools and equipment.
- Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship
with other employees.
Applicants possessing these qualifications have a good probability for
success in this class. However, applicants not possessing these qualifications
should apply if they believe their training and experience will enable
them to perform the work successfully. Completion of the eighth grade.
Experience in farm work involving use of standard farm tools and equipment.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the
types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given
this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties
and responsibilities of any particular position.
10/1/80 4 432023113