FOOD SERVICE LEAD WORKER 1
FOR ALL EMPLOYEES East Tennessee State University pursues its mission based
upon core values. An employee's job performance must support and exhibit the
university's core values: PEOPLE come first, are
treated with dignity and respect, and are encouraged to achieve their full
RELATIONSHIPS are built on honesty, integrity and trust;
DIVERSITY of people and thought is respected;
EXCELLENCE is achieved through teamwork, leadership, creativity, and a strong work ethic;
EFFICIENCY is achieved through wise use of human and financial resources; and
COMMITMENT to intellectual achievement is embraced.
EXPECTATIONS FOR ALL EMPLOYEES
Employees in this class are under general supervision and serve as leadworkers
to Food Service Workers performing routine kitchen work and dining room
work, and perform related work as required.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED
- Serves as lead worker maintaining a functional responsibility such as salads or line serving.
- Cuts, dices, shreds, and combines items for salad bar display.
- Maintains sufficient amounts on salad bar or serving lines.
- Cuts, dices, and shreds items to assist cooks as requested.
- Cleans kitchen, dining room, trays, food carts, and other equipment.
- Performs other work as required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of modern methods, materials and equipment used in food service.
- Ability to prepare simple foods such as salads, sandwiches, etc.
- Ability to see that work assigned is performed adequately.
- Ability to evaluate situations and make decisions.
- Ability to express ideas clearly, concisely and convincingly.
- Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship
with the students, the public and other employees.
Applicants possessing these qualifications have a good probability for
success in this class. However, applicants not possessing these qualifications
should apply if they believe their training and experience will enable
them to perform the work successfully. Completion of the tenth grade. Experience
in short order cooking and serving the public. Applicants should possess
a current health card issued by the County Public Health Department.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the
types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given
this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties
and responsibilities of any particular position.
4/1/82 3 232022123