GROUNDS SHOP SUPERVISOR
EXPECTATIONS FOR ALL EMPLOYEES
East Tennessee State University pursues its mission based upon core values. An employee's job performance must support and exhibit the university's core values:
PEOPLE come first, are treated with dignity
and respect, and are encouraged to achieve their full potential;
RELATIONSHIPS are built on honesty, integrity and trust;
DIVERSITY of people and thought is respected;
EXCELLENCE is achieved through teamwork, leadership, creativity, and a strong work ethic;
EFFICIENCY is achieved through wise use of human and financial resources; and
COMMITMENT to intellectual achievement is embraced.
Employees in this class are under general supervision. Work performed in the maintenance of campus grounds, streets and walks; and performing other related work as assigned.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED
- Directs, coordinates and evaluates tasks within the Grounds Department.
- Provides team leadership.
- Recruits and trains employees including maintaining training records.
- Orders materials and equipment.
- Develops and implements short and long-term goals for the Grounds Department.
- Supervises and performs pest control applications.
- Checks work in progress to ensure completion.
- Supervises non-exempt employees.
- Supervises snow removal operations.
- Coordinates work involving the Grounds Department with other university departments.
- Performs other work as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of the methods, materials, tools, and practices used in ground maintenance.
- Knowledge of basic landscaping procedures.
- Ability to plan a work schedule and assign duties.
- Ability to direct and inspect the work of others.
- Ability to demonstrate work methods when necessary.
- Ability to maintain an adequate supply of supplies and tools.
- Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with other employees.
Applicants possessing these
qualifications have a good probability for success in this class. However,
applicants not possessing these qualifications should apply if they believe
their training and experience will enable them to perform the work successfully.
Graduation from a standard high school; five years in Grounds Management;
Pesticide Applicator Certificate; TN Driver’s License; and computer and
Date Skill Eval
7/23/07 9 643222323
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position.