FOR ALL EMPLOYEES East Tennessee State University pursues its mission based
upon core values. An employee's job performance must support and exhibit the
university's core values: PEOPLE come first, are
treated with dignity and respect, and are encouraged to achieve their full
RELATIONSHIPS are built on honesty, integrity and trust;
DIVERSITY of people and thought is respected;
EXCELLENCE is achieved through teamwork, leadership, creativity, and a strong work ethic;
EFFICIENCY is achieved through wise use of human and financial resources; and
COMMITMENT to intellectual achievement is embraced.
EXPECTATIONS FOR ALL EMPLOYEES
Employees in this class are under close supervision. Work performed
in assisting in the various educational training programs and performing
related work as required.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED
- Directs activities of student in the instructor's absence.
- Works with individual students on specific tasks.
- Assists in planning and developing the day's activities.
- Assists instructor with clerical tasks.
- Assists in handing out and grading tests.
- Operates various machines used in classroom or laboratory.
- Assists in program development.
- Performs other work as required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of instructional methods, materials and programs.
- Knowledge of the basic concept of the field in which the instruction is being given.
- Ability to operate machines used in the classroom or laboratory.
- Ability to make minor decisions in accordance with established procedures.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship
with the students and other employees.
Applicants possessing these qualifications have a good probability for
success in this class. However, applicants not possessing these qualifications
should apply if they believe their training and experience will enable
them to perform the work successfully. Graduation from a standard high
school. Completion of 15 college quarter hours in the field of instruction.
10/1/80 3 512011122
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the
types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given
this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties
and responsibilities of any particular position.