FOR ALL EMPLOYEES East Tennessee State University pursues its mission based
upon core values. An employee's job performance must support and exhibit the
university's core values: PEOPLE come first, are
treated with dignity and respect, and are encouraged to achieve their full
RELATIONSHIPS are built on honesty, integrity and trust;
DIVERSITY of people and thought is respected;
EXCELLENCE is achieved through teamwork, leadership, creativity, and a strong work ethic;
EFFICIENCY is achieved through wise use of human and financial resources; and
COMMITMENT to intellectual achievement is embraced.
EXPECTATIONS FOR ALL EMPLOYEES
Employees in this class are under general supervision. Work performed
in tagging new equipment, keeping inventory records of the equipment, and
performing related work as required.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES PERFORMED
- Tags new equipment with inventory tags, and completes paperwork necessary to record inventory information.
- Maintains inventory records.
- Assists Property Officer in year-end inventories, preparation of journal voucher entries, and investigation of reports of personal property damaged or stolen.
- Corresponds with various departments on maintenance of inventory records.
- Performs other work as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of inventory record keeping methods.
- Knowledge of basic arithmetic and business English.
- Ability to maintain accurate inventory records.
- Ability to physically move equipment or furniture.
- Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship
with other employees.
Applicants possessing these qualifications have a good probability for
success in this class. However, applicants not possessing these qualifications
should apply if they believe their training and experience will enable
them to perform the work successfully. Graduation from a standard high
school. Some experience in inventory related work.
10/1/80 3 322012123
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the
types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given
this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties
and responsibilities of any particular position.