LEARNING CENTER CLERK
FOR ALL EMPLOYEES East Tennessee State University pursues its mission based
upon core values. An employee's job performance must support and exhibit the
university's core values: PEOPLE come first, are
treated with dignity and respect, and are encouraged to achieve their full
RELATIONSHIPS are built on honesty, integrity and trust;
DIVERSITY of people and thought is respected;
EXCELLENCE is achieved through teamwork, leadership, creativity, and a strong work ethic;
EFFICIENCY is achieved through wise use of human and financial resources; and
COMMITMENT to intellectual achievement is embraced.
EXPECTATIONS FOR ALL EMPLOYEES
Employees in this class are under general supervision. Work performed
in serving learning media patrons, maintaining learning media records,
ensuring that learning materials are properly arranged, and performing
related work as required.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED
- Provides accurate, relevant responses to users informational learning media needs.
- Instructs patrons on use of equipment such as film projectors, tape recorders, cassette players, etc.
- Reviews or notifies other interested parties to review publisher's advertisements, catalogs, brochures, and other preview material and rates or arranges for rating on evaluation forms.
- Searches and locates material on request.
- Reviews requests for new material and fills out and submits order form.
- Prepares list of new materials.
- Composes and types memos, correspondence, etc.
- Keeps and submits hours on student employees.
- Checks film and equipment in and out of learning center.
- Updates and files catalog cards.
- Services equipment such as changing bulbs, cleaning films, etc., inventorying supplies and equipment.
- Performs other work as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of learning media materials.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to operate and perform minor routine maintenance on learning media equipment.
- Ability to file and type efficiently.
- Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship
with the students, the public and other employees.
Applicants possessing these qualifications have a good probability for
success in this class. However, applicants not possessing these qualifications
should apply if they believe their training and experience will enable
them to perform the work successfully. Graduation from a standard high
school. Experience in general clerical work, preferably in a learning media
10/1/80 3 422011122
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the
types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given
this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties
and responsibilities of any particular position.