FOR ALL EMPLOYEES East Tennessee State University pursues its mission based
upon core values. An employee's job performance must support and exhibit the
university's core values: PEOPLE come first, are
treated with dignity and respect, and are encouraged to achieve their full
RELATIONSHIPS are built on honesty, integrity and trust;
DIVERSITY of people and thought is respected;
EXCELLENCE is achieved through teamwork, leadership, creativity, and a strong work ethic;
EFFICIENCY is achieved through wise use of human and financial resources; and
COMMITMENT to intellectual achievement is embraced.
EXPECTATIONS FOR ALL EMPLOYEES
Employees in this class are under general supervision. Work performed
in ensuring that library materials are properly arranged, executing routine
clerical tasks, and performing related work as required.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED
- Checks books in and out, inspects books, and maintains records on library materials in circulation.
- Demonstrates the use of various machines in the facility such as copying, microfilm, etc.
- Answers telephone, takes requests and reserves books, types cards and other materials as required.
- Shelves returned books, straightens books or magazines and ensures that they are in their proper order.
- Performs other work as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of modern office machines, methods, and equipment.
- Knowledge of basic filing, indexing, and cross reference methods.
- Ability to type accurately from plain copy or rough draft.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to communicate oral information in a courteous manner.
- Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship
with students, the public and other employees.
Applicants possessing these qualifications have a good probability for
success in this class. However, applicants not possessing these qualifications
should apply if they believe their training and experience will enable
them to perform the work successfully. Graduation from a standard high
7/1/91 2 412011122
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the
types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given
this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties
and responsibilities of any particular position.