LIBRARY LEAD WORKER
EXPECTATIONS FOR ALL EMPLOYEES
East Tennessee State University pursues its mission based upon core values. An employee's job performance must support and exhibit the university's core values:
PEOPLE come first, are treated with dignity
and respect, and are encouraged to achieve their full potential;
RELATIONSHIPS are built on honesty, integrity and trust;
DIVERSITY of people and thought is respected;
EXCELLENCE is achieved through teamwork, leadership, creativity, and a strong work ethic;
EFFICIENCY is achieved through wise use of human and financial resources; and
COMMITMENT to intellectual achievement is embraced.
Employees in this class are under general supervision. Work performed in determining the appropriateness of purchasing relevant material for the library collection or requesting an interlibrary loan; and performing other related duties as assigned.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED
- Communicates with other libraries regarding interlibrary loan requests.
- Tracks materials electronically throughout the loan process.
- Process interlibrary loan requests.
- Verifies bibliographic information.
- Prepares borrowed materials for return.
- Circulates books to other libraries and verifies availability of materials.
- Evaluates requests to see if purchase of the material would be more appropriate than requesting a loan.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of interlibrary loan process and procedures.
- Knowledge of bibliographic information.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
Applicants possessing these qualifications have a good probability for success in this class. However, applicants not possessing these qualifications should apply if they believe their training and experience will enable them to perform the work successfully. Graduation from a standard high school or the equivalent supplemented by basic course work in Library Science required, associate degree or higher preferred; three years of library experience required.
4/4/08 7 614021332
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative
summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of
positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the
specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position.