FOR ALL EMPLOYEES East Tennessee State University pursues its mission based
upon core values. An employee's job performance must support and exhibit the
university's core values: PEOPLE come first, are
treated with dignity and respect, and are encouraged to achieve their full
RELATIONSHIPS are built on honesty, integrity and trust;
DIVERSITY of people and thought is respected;
EXCELLENCE is achieved through teamwork, leadership, creativity, and a strong work ethic;
EFFICIENCY is achieved through wise use of human and financial resources; and
COMMITMENT to intellectual achievement is embraced.
EXPECTATIONS FOR ALL EMPLOYEES
Employees in this class are under general supervision. Work performed
in supervising and participating in a variety of skilled tasks as they
relate to work with stone, brick, concrete, tile and similar materials
and performing related work as required.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED
- Receives work orders and reviews plans or blueprints of projects.
- Estimates materials, man hours and cost requirements.
- Ensures that necessary materials, supplies, equipment, plans, tools, etc., are available.
- Demonstrates proper work methods.
- Inspects work in progress and upon completion.
- Confers with supervisor concerning problems with work assignments or personnel.
- Performs other work as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Ability to plan and supervise masonry activities.
- Knowledge of the materials, methods and principles required in the performance of skilled masonry work.
- Knowledge of the use, care, and maintenance of required tools and equipment both specialized and common.
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and proper safety precautions.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of supervision.
- Ability to assign, supervise and inspect the work of others.
- Ability to use and operate the necessary tools and equipment required in the performance of duties.
- Ability to evaluate situations and make decisions.
- Ability to express ideas clearly, concisely and convincingly.
- Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship
with other employees.
Applicants possessing these qualifications have a good probability for
success in this class. However, applicants not possessing these qualifications
should apply if they believe their training and experience will enable
them to perform the work successfully. High school graduate or equivalent,
vocational school certificate in masonry or completion of a standard apprenticeship
in the masonry trade, plus two years masonry work experience.
Date Skill Eval
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the
types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given
this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties
and responsibilities of any particular position.
1/6/97 10 545223324