FOR ALL EMPLOYEES East Tennessee State University pursues its mission based
upon core values. An employee's job performance must support and exhibit the
university's core values: PEOPLE come first, are
treated with dignity and respect, and are encouraged to achieve their full
RELATIONSHIPS are built on honesty, integrity and trust;
DIVERSITY of people and thought is respected;
EXCELLENCE is achieved through teamwork, leadership, creativity, and a strong work ethic;
EFFICIENCY is achieved through wise use of human and financial resources; and
COMMITMENT to intellectual achievement is embraced.
EXPECTATIONS FOR ALL EMPLOYEES
Employees in this class are under close supervision. Work performed
in servicing automotive, construction and maintenance equipment, assisting
in mechanical repair, and performing related work as required.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED
- Greases, lubricates, and services automotive, construction, and maintenance equipment.
- Changes and repairs vehicle tires.
- Performs and assists in routine maintenance on vehicles and equipment, including routine record keeping.
- Makes visual inspection of vehicles to determine safety defects.
- Services automotive equipment with gasoline and oil.
- Services batteries and checks inflation of tires.
- Assists in repair and maintenance of automotive, construction and maintenance equipment.
- Operates light motor vehicle in performance of various duties.
- Cleans maintenance area and building.
- Performs other work as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of mechanical parts of automotive, construction and maintenance equipment.
- Knowledge of the use of tools and equipment in servicing automotive equipment.
- Ability to grease and lubricate automotive, construction, and maintenance equipment.
- Ability to change and repair tires.
- Ability to carry out simple oral and written instructions.
- Ability to keep routine records.
- Ability to perform manual labor.
- Ability to operate light motor vehicle.
- Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship
with other employees.
Applicants possessing these qualifications have a good probability for
success in this class. However, applicants not possessing these qualifications
should apply if they believe their training and experience will enable
them to perform the work successfully. Successful completion of the eighth
grade. Some experience in servicing automotive equipment. Possession of
a valid Tennessee operator's license as issued by the Tennessee Department
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the
types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given
this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties
and responsibilities of any particular position.
10/1/80 3 332013113