FOR ALL EMPLOYEES East Tennessee State University pursues its mission based
upon core values. An employee's job performance must support and exhibit the
university's core values: PEOPLE come first, are
treated with dignity and respect, and are encouraged to achieve their full
RELATIONSHIPS are built on honesty, integrity and trust;
DIVERSITY of people and thought is respected;
EXCELLENCE is achieved through teamwork, leadership, creativity, and a strong work ethic;
EFFICIENCY is achieved through wise use of human and financial resources; and
COMMITMENT to intellectual achievement is embraced.
EXPECTATIONS FOR ALL EMPLOYEES
Employees in this class are under general supervision. Work performed
in providing technical and creative assistance in the production of slides,
tapes, graphics, and other types of multi-media instructional materials
for faculty, interns, students or LRC staff and performing related work
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED
- Plan preparation and use of multi-media and multi-image instructional materials for the institution.
- Provide technical assistance in preparation of multi-media presentations.
- Assist teaching personnel in selection of multi-media materials for specific classes based on knowledge of education needs and resources available.
- Oversee and coordinate activities of the audio-visual production facility.
- Create and design various forms of non-print material such as slides, graphics, tapes, etc. for classroom presentation or student use.
- Set priorities, establish procedures and maintain schedule to insure timely completion of work requests for photographic services or other media productions assigned.
- Performs other work as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of media production equipment, technique, processes and applications.
- Knowledge of graphics, photography, sound recording, scripting and good instructional procedures.
- Ability to organize, plan and produce audio-visual programs from a script, storyboard, or other detailed instructions.
- Ability to produce high quality photographs, slides, art work, audio recordings, or other forms of audio-visual materials.
- Ability to coordinate and oversee staff or student workers in performing assigned tasks.
- Ability to create sophisticated multi-image slide presentations using
a microcomputer and slide animation stand.
Applicants possessing these qualifications have a good probability for
success in this class. However, applicants not possessing these qualifications
should apply if they believe their training and experience will enable
them to perform the work successfully. Graduation from a standard high
school or equivalent. Some college training desirable. Instructional experience
and proven experience in media production, especially photography, graphics
and multi-media presentation.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the
types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given
this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties
and responsibilities of any particular position.
7/1/91 5 523012232
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position.