FOR ALL EMPLOYEES East Tennessee State University pursues its mission based
upon core values. An employee's job performance must support and exhibit the
university's core values: PEOPLE come first, are
treated with dignity and respect, and are encouraged to achieve their full
RELATIONSHIPS are built on honesty, integrity and trust;
DIVERSITY of people and thought is respected;
EXCELLENCE is achieved through teamwork, leadership, creativity, and a strong work ethic;
EFFICIENCY is achieved through wise use of human and financial resources; and
COMMITMENT to intellectual achievement is embraced.
EXPECTATIONS FOR ALL EMPLOYEES
Employees in this class are under general supervision. Work performed
in operating various audio and video equipment or assisting in the production
of teaching aids and promotional media presentations and performing related
work as required.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED
- Uses camera in copying charts, pictures, graphs, etc., and in some field photography.
- Develops photographic film.
- Designs and constructs visual teaching materials for students, faculty and administrative staff.
- Offers instruction to student teachers in the production or reproduction of teaching aids.
- Operates thermal copiers, laminator, dry mount press, photo enlarger, camera copystand, slide and cassette duplicators, and various other audio and video equipment.
- Performs other work as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of technical, mechanical, and procedural aspects of producing or reproducing audio and video aids and presentations.
- Knowledge of color harmony, balance, and lettering.
- Knowledge of supplies, materials and equipment used.
- Ability to operate audio, video and other related equipment.
- Ability to design, layout and reproduce visual aids.
- Ability to instruct and demonstrate to others the use of the equipment.
- Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship
with the students and other employees.
Applicants possessing these qualifications have a good probability for
success in this class. However, applicants not possessing these qualifications
should apply if they believe their training and experience will enable
them to perform the work successfully. Graduation from a standard high
school or equivalent. Experience involving a variety of audio and video
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the
types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given
this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties
and responsibilities of any particular position.
7/1/91 4 513012112