Title Code: 5201
NETWORK SUPPORT SPECIALIST
EXPECTATIONS FOR ALL EMPLOYEES
East Tennessee State University pursues its mission based upon core values. An employee's job performance must support and exhibit the university's core values:
come first, are treated with dignity and respect, and are encouraged to achieve
their full potential;
RELATIONSHIPS are built on honesty, integrity and trust;
DIVERSITY of people and thought is respected;
EXCELLENCE is achieved through teamwork, leadership, creativity, and a strong work ethic;
EFFICIENCY is achieved through wise use of human and financial resources; and
COMMITMENT to intellectual achievement is embraced.
Employees in this class are under general supervision. Work performed in accommodating network requests for moves, changes, upgrades, repairs, etc.; troubleshooting connectivity problems; and performing other related duties as assigned.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED
- Accommodates network requests; moves, adds, changes, upgrades, repairs, etc.
- Troubleshoots connectivity problems.
- Diagnoses and repairs network related problems.
- Assists Network Technicians.
- Maintains inventory and documentation.
- Performs other work as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of internetworking concepts.
- Knowledge of network infrastructure.
- Ability to upgrade, configure and troubleshoot network devices.
- Ability to manage time effectively and prioritize work.
- Ability to work safely in various environments.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
Applicants possessing these qualifications have a good probability for success in this class. However, applicants not possessing these qualifications should apply if they believe their training and experience will enable them to perform the work successfully. Associate’s degree in computer science, or an equivalent combination of education and experience; two years related experience.
2/1/09 11 834132342
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the
types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given
this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties
and responsibilities of any particular position.