Title Code: 4442
PATIENT SERVICES COORDINATOR
EXPECTATIONS FOR ALL EMPLOYEES
East Tennessee State University pursues its mission based upon core values. An employee's job performance must support and exhibit the university's core values:
PEOPLE come first, are treated with
dignity and respect, and are encouraged to achieve their full potential;
RELATIONSHIPS are built on honesty, integrity and trust;
DIVERSITY of people and thought is respected;
EXCELLENCE is achieved through teamwork, leadership, creativity, and a strong work ethic;
EFFICIENCY is achieved through wise use of human and financial resources; and
COMMITMENT to intellectual achievement is embraced.
Employees in this class are
under general supervision. Work performed in coordinating all aspects of a
medical clinic to assure a high level of patient care, and performing other
related work as required.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED
- Schedules/reschedules patients in a timely manner.
- Mails patient information after appointments are made.
- Registers patients in a timely manner.
- Maintains patient tracking system from referral entry to completion of service.
- Analyzes patient logs on a monthly basis.
- Maintains tickler file and resolves all issues from the file on a daily basis.
- Schedules appointments for Mobile Unit patients.
- Initials all referral forms (including Mobile Unit) to authorize patients to be scheduled and assuring insurance coverage and scan frequency are appropriate.
- Accompanies Team on Mobile Unit trips, as needed.
-Maintains and updates Policy and Procedures Manual.
-Coordinates with physicians’ offices for services.
- Performs various tasks for Ohio Valley Appalachian Regional Grant (OVAR).
-Serves as OSHA and HIPPA Coordinator for ETSU and MEAC.
- Maintains notebook of certification and training (OSHA, HIPPA, and IRB) for all staff members and assures these are kept current.
- Prepares patient billing into Context System as needed.
- Develops forms to track and analyze data.
-Takes minutes during weekly staff meetings.
-Serves as back-up for billing, typing, scheduling and reporting.
- Performs other work as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of modern office practices, procedures, and equipment.
- Knowledge of general rules, regulations, procedures and functions related to clerical office work.
- Knowledge of computers.
- Ability to provide customer service skills.
- Ability to provide patient care.
-Ability to exhibit professional writing and organizational skills.
-Ability in problem solving.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to work independently.
Applicants possessing these
qualifications have a good probability for success in this class. However,
applicants not possessing these qualifications should apply if they believe
their training and experience will enable them to perform the work successfully.
Graduation from a standard high school including or supplemented by courses in
general office practices; three years secretarial/office experience required.
Date Skill Eval
9/06/05 7 623021332
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position.