PEST CONTROL WORKER
FOR ALL EMPLOYEES East Tennessee State University pursues its mission based
upon core values. An employee's job performance must support and exhibit the
university's core values: PEOPLE come first, are
treated with dignity and respect, and are encouraged to achieve their full
RELATIONSHIPS are built on honesty, integrity and trust;
DIVERSITY of people and thought is respected;
EXCELLENCE is achieved through teamwork, leadership, creativity, and a strong work ethic;
EFFICIENCY is achieved through wise use of human and financial resources; and
COMMITMENT to intellectual achievement is embraced.
EXPECTATIONS FOR ALL EMPLOYEES
Employees in this class are under general supervision. Work performed
selecting pesticides and methods, mixing and spraying a formula to exterminate
pests and performing related work as required.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED
- Selects chemicals and methods to use.
- Mixes spray formula according to manufacturer's instructions. Changes formula at regular intervals.
- Sprays all dormitory facilities and other buildings.
- Performs other work as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of chemicals and methods used for pest control.
- Knowledge of the geographic area of the campus.
- Knowledge of hazards and safety precautions involved.
- Ability to select chemical and method to control specific pest.
- Ability to mix formula according to instruction.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to perform manual labor for extended periods of time.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
with other employees.
Applicants possessing these qualifications have a good probability for
success in this class. However, applicants not possessing these qualifications
should apply if they believe their training and experience will enable
them to perform the work successfully. High school diploma or GED. Possession
of a valid Tennessee operator's license as issued by the Tennessee Department
of Safety. Two years of experience with a licensed company. Pesticide Applicator
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the
types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given
this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties
and responsibilities of any particular position.
7/28/86 3 332022113