PHOTO-OFFSET MACHINE OPERATOR
FOR ALL EMPLOYEES East Tennessee State University pursues its mission based
upon core values. An employee's job performance must support and exhibit the
university's core values: PEOPLE come first, are
treated with dignity and respect, and are encouraged to achieve their full
RELATIONSHIPS are built on honesty, integrity and trust;
DIVERSITY of people and thought is respected;
EXCELLENCE is achieved through teamwork, leadership, creativity, and a strong work ethic;
EFFICIENCY is achieved through wise use of human and financial resources; and
COMMITMENT to intellectual achievement is embraced.
EXPECTATIONS FOR ALL EMPLOYEES
Employees in this class are under general supervision. Work performed
in operating photo-offset copier and performing preventive maintenance.
Performs other duties as assigned.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED
- Operates photo-offset copier.
- Receives material for quick copy such as memos, letters, reports, etc.
- Monitors printing.
- Services machines and performs preventive maintenance.
- Cleans rollers, trays, cylinders, etc.
- Contacts service representatives for repair.
- Performs general office duties such as answering the telephone, making entries, totalling data, assembling material, and handling mailouts.
- Performs miscellaneous duties such as ordering work area, shelving supplies, and assisting in supply inventory.
- Occasionally sets up and completes production on small offset press.
- May oversee, direct or check work of student workers, temporary employees, and/or lower level clerical employees.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Ability to follow written instructions.
- Ability to operate photo-offset copier.
- Ability to service and perform preventive maintenance on photo-offset copiers.
- Ability to count.
- Ability to write.
- Ability to deal with a variety of people.
- Ability to identify action which should be taken to correct an error.
- Skill in making coordinated hand movements.
- Ability to organize work in order to meet deadlines.
- Ability to discriminate visually.
Applicants possessing these qualifications have a good probability for
success in this class. However, applicants not possessing these qualifications
should apply if they believe their training and experience will enable
them to perform the work successfully. Formal educational equivalent of
ninth grade; three months experience or training in the operation and servicing
of photo-offset copying equipment preferred.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the
types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given
this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties
and responsibilities of any particular position.
5/1/83 4 4220222130