PLUMBING SHOP SUPERVISOR
FOR ALL EMPLOYEES East Tennessee State University pursues its mission based
upon core values. An employee's job performance must support and exhibit the
university's core values: PEOPLE come first, are
treated with dignity and respect, and are encouraged to achieve their full
RELATIONSHIPS are built on honesty, integrity and trust;
DIVERSITY of people and thought is respected;
EXCELLENCE is achieved through teamwork, leadership, creativity, and a strong work ethic;
EFFICIENCY is achieved through wise use of human and financial resources; and
COMMITMENT to intellectual achievement is embraced.
EXPECTATIONS FOR ALL EMPLOYEES
Employees in this class are under general supervision. Work performed
in supervising Plumbing Shop Employees.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED
- Inspects job and estimates materials required.
- Assists in planning budget for shop.
- Inventories parts and materials for shop.
- Reads work orders and blueprints.
- Assigns workload and inspects jobs.
- Assures compliance with safety standards.
- Generates various reports and maintains shop records and files.
- Performs personnel administrative functions.
- Performs actual plumbing duties when required.
- Drives truck as necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Ability to plan and supervise plumbing shop activities.
- Ability to inspect work for completeness and quality.
- Ability to motivate employee work performance.
- Ability to perform administrative activities.
- Ability to operate machines and tools of the plumbing trade.
Applicants possessing these qualifications have a good probability for
success in this class. However, applicants not possessing these qualifications
should apply if they believe their training and experience will enable
them to perform the work successfully. High school graduate or equivalent;
vocational school certificate in plumbing or completion of plumber's apprenticeship,
plus two years plumbing experience or two years related experience. Supervisory
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the
types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given
this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties
and responsibilities of any particular position.
5/2004 10 734232324