Title Code: 4475
POSTAL SERVICES SUPERVISOR 2
EXPECTATIONS FOR ALL EMPLOYEES
East Tennessee State University pursues its mission based upon core values. An employee's job performance must support and exhibit the university's core values:
come first, are treated with dignity and respect, and are encouraged to achieve
their full potential;
RELATIONSHIPS are built on honesty, integrity and trust;
DIVERSITY of people and thought is respected;
EXCELLENCE is achieved through teamwork, leadership, creativity, and a strong work ethic;
EFFICIENCY is achieved through wise use of human and financial resources; and
COMMITMENT to intellectual achievement is embraced.
Employees in this class are under general supervision. Work performed in assisting the Mail Service Manager in the efficient operation of the postal center; and performing other related duties as assigned.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED
- Coordinates and directs mail processing.
- Assists in formulating plans for handling mail.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date financial and personnel records.
- Implements procedural changes.
- Supervises and schedules daily tasks.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of money handling.
- Ability to deal with the public.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and make decisions.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
Applicants possessing these qualifications have a good probability for success in this class. However, applicants not possessing these qualifications should apply if they believe their training and experience will enable them to perform the work successfully. Graduation from a standard high school or the equivalent supplemented by college course work; two years related experience.
7/17/09 7 623222221
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the
types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given
this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties
and responsibilities of any particular position.