RADIO STATION OPERATOR
FOR ALL EMPLOYEES East Tennessee State University pursues its mission based
upon core values. An employee's job performance must support and exhibit the
university's core values: PEOPLE come first, are
treated with dignity and respect, and are encouraged to achieve their full
RELATIONSHIPS are built on honesty, integrity and trust;
DIVERSITY of people and thought is respected;
EXCELLENCE is achieved through teamwork, leadership, creativity, and a strong work ethic;
EFFICIENCY is achieved through wise use of human and financial resources; and
COMMITMENT to intellectual achievement is embraced.
EXPECTATIONS FOR ALL EMPLOYEES
Employees in this class are under close supervision. Work performed
in operating the station during air shift; playing previously designed
program decisions; monitoring equipment; and performing other related duties
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED
- Operates radio station during the air shift.
- Monitors transmitter, news wire, network and Emergency Broadcast System (EBS).
- Records programs from satellite for later broadcast.
- Loads taped programs for broadcast.
- Receives network programs and routes them for broadcast.
- Prepares and delivers newscasts.
- Serves as fill-in for regular Radio Announcers, as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of the equipment and materials used in radio broadcasting.
- Knowledge of Federal Communications Commission (FCC) rules and regulations regarding commercial radio broadcasts.
- Ability to operate the necessary equipment involved in radio announcing.
- Ability to express news/information clearly, concisely and concisely,
both orally and in writing.
Graduation from a standard high school or GED, and possession of a FCC
Operator's License required.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the
types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given
this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties
and responsibilities of any particular position.
08/19/93 2 412021111