FOR ALL EMPLOYEES East Tennessee State University pursues its mission based
upon core values. An employee's job performance must support and exhibit the
university's core values: PEOPLE come first, are
treated with dignity and respect, and are encouraged to achieve their full
RELATIONSHIPS are built on honesty, integrity and trust;
DIVERSITY of people and thought is respected;
EXCELLENCE is achieved through teamwork, leadership, creativity, and a strong work ethic;
EFFICIENCY is achieved through wise use of human and financial resources; and
COMMITMENT to intellectual achievement is embraced.
EXPECTATIONS FOR ALL EMPLOYEES
Employees in this class are under general supervision. Work performed
in designing, building, and repairing laboratory and electronic equipment
and performing related work as required.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED
- Designs, constructs, and repairs laboratory and electronic equipment for different departments.
- Builds equipment using plexiglass or other materials.
- Repairs meters, electric motors, and transformers.
- Tests faulty electronic components and circuits to determine cause of malfunction.
- Replaces or repairs defective parts using handtools and a soldering iron.
- Operates and maintains a variety of equipment such as saws, sanders, drills, lathes, etc.
- Performs other work as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of electronic test equipment.
- Knowledge of the operation of different types of equipment such as saws, sanders, drills, lathes, etc.
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions.
- Knowledge of fundamental principles of electronics.
- Ability to troubleshoot and locate defective electronic components and wiring.
- Ability to read and interpret plans and specifications.
- Ability to use the required tools and equipment.
- Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship
with other employees.
Applicants possessing these qualifications have a good probability for
success in this class. However, applicants not possessing these qualifications
should apply if they believe their training and experience will enable
them to perform the work successfully. Graduation from a standard high
school. Completion of a course of study in electronics at a trade, military
or other technical school. Responsible experience in shop work and electronics.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the
types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given
this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties
and responsibilities of any particular position.
10/1/80 6 633013213