TRANSFER ADMISSIONS CLERK
FOR ALL EMPLOYEES East Tennessee State University pursues its mission based
upon core values. An employee's job performance must support and exhibit the
university's core values: PEOPLE come first, are
treated with dignity and respect, and are encouraged to achieve their full
RELATIONSHIPS are built on honesty, integrity and trust;
DIVERSITY of people and thought is respected;
EXCELLENCE is achieved through teamwork, leadership, creativity, and a strong work ethic;
EFFICIENCY is achieved through wise use of human and financial resources; and
COMMITMENT to intellectual achievement is embraced.
EXPECTATIONS FOR ALL EMPLOYEES
Employees in this class are under general supervision. Work performed
in determining what hours will be accepted from transfer students, answering
questions about admissions procedures and performing related work as required.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED
- Checks for college or university accreditation to the "report of credit given" or the "accredited institutions of postsecondary education" dictionary.
- Checks applications for completeness and codes applications for data entry.
- Determines education status according to admission standards.
- Checks college transcripts against terminal to determine data entry errors.
- Prepares and maintains miscellaneous clerical reports for the admissions and records office.
- Answers telephone and gives information to callers or routes callers to appropriate officials.
- Performs other work as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of business English and arithmetic.
- Knowledge of modern office practices, procedures, and equipment.
- Knowledge of gathering, assembling, and summarizing data.
- Ability to type accurately at an acceptable rate of speed.
- Ability to express ideas clearly, concisely, and convincingly.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship
with students, the public and other employees.
Applicants possessing these qualifications have a good probability for
success in this class. However, applicants not possessing these qualifications
should apply if they believe their training and experience will enable
them to perform the work successfully. Graduation from a standard high
school including or supplemented by courses in typing. Some clerical experience.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the
types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given
this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties
and responsibilities of any particular position.
3/6/85 4 422021233