Title Code: 7240
FOR ALL EMPLOYEES East Tennessee State University pursues its mission based
upon core values. An employee's job performance must support and exhibit the
university's core values: PEOPLE come first, are
treated with dignity and respect, and are encouraged to achieve their full
EXPECTATIONS FOR ALL EMPLOYEES
Employees in this class are
under general supervision. Work performed in maintenance of a golf course, and
performing other related work as required.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED
- Operates equipment associated with golf and athletic field maintenance.
- Maintains and calibrates equipment.
- Inspects turf grass and determines treatment procedures.
- Mixes and applies herbicides, insecticides, fungicides, and fertilizers.
- Maintains irrigation system.
- Performs other work as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of the maintenance of a golf course.
- Knowledge of Bentgrass, Bermudagrass, and cool season grasses.
- Knowledge of basic agronomic practices.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to work independently.
Applicants possessing these
qualifications have a good probability for success in this class. However,
applicants not possessing these qualifications should apply if they believe
their training and experience will enable them to perform the work successfully.
Associate degree in turf management or related field required; two years
experience working in golf course maintenance; must obtain a Category 3
Tennessee Commercial Pesticide Applicator Certification within 60 days of
employment; and must have a valid Tennessee Driver’s license.
Date Skill Eval
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the
types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given
this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties
and responsibilities of any particular position.