UTILITY LEAD WORKER
FOR ALL EMPLOYEES East Tennessee State University pursues its mission based
upon core values. An employee's job performance must support and exhibit the
university's core values: PEOPLE come first, are
treated with dignity and respect, and are encouraged to achieve their full
RELATIONSHIPS are built on honesty, integrity and trust;
DIVERSITY of people and thought is respected;
EXCELLENCE is achieved through teamwork, leadership, creativity, and a strong work ethic;
EFFICIENCY is achieved through wise use of human and financial resources; and
COMMITMENT to intellectual achievement is embraced.
EXPECTATIONS FOR ALL EMPLOYEES
Employees in this class are under general supervision. Work performed
in executing maintenance and construction tasks of an unskilled or semi-skilled
nature, supervising other utility workers as necessary, and performing
related work as required.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED
- Supervises a small crew in grounds maintenance work or related projects.
- Cuts grass with tractor and rotary mower.
- Removes debris from street right-of-ways and other campus property.
- Loads and unloads dirt, gravel, trash, garbage, and other debris.
- Works as part of small crew in maintaining campus grounds.
- Cleans and maintains equipment and tools.
- Performs other work as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of the materials and equipment used in general maintenance and construction work.
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions.
- Ability to supervise and inspect the work of subordinates.
- Ability to carry out simple oral and written instructions.
- Ability to perform heavy manual labor for extended periods under unfavorable climactic conditions.
- Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship
with other employees.
Applicants possessing these qualifications have a good probability for
success in this class. However, applicants not possessing these qualifications
should apply if they believe their training and experience will enable
them to perform the work successfully. Successful completion of the eighth
grade. Experience in related work.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the
types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given
this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties
and responsibilities of any particular position.
10/1/80 2 142013113