WORK ORDER CLERK
FOR ALL EMPLOYEES East Tennessee State University pursues its mission based
upon core values. An employee's job performance must support and exhibit the
university's core values: PEOPLE come first, are
treated with dignity and respect, and are encouraged to achieve their full
RELATIONSHIPS are built on honesty, integrity and trust;
DIVERSITY of people and thought is respected;
EXCELLENCE is achieved through teamwork, leadership, creativity, and a strong work ethic;
EFFICIENCY is achieved through wise use of human and financial resources; and
COMMITMENT to intellectual achievement is embraced.
EXPECTATIONS FOR ALL EMPLOYEES
Employees in this class are under general supervision. Work performed
in coordinating work order requests with supervisory personnel and performing
related work as required.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED
- Logs and files work orders.
- Computes allocation of costs for special projects to be charged to an individual department.
- Transmits work order requests to appropriate supervisor.
- Schedules work based on established preventive maintenance program.
- Maintains activity log and work performance summary.
- Answers telephone taking complaints and emergency calls.
- Reports emergencies by radio to proper supervisor.
- Assigns state vehicles on a first come first served basis.
- Performs other work as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of basic campus facilities and physical plan capabilities.
- Knowledge of modern office practices, procedures and equipment.
- Knowledge of business English and arithmetic.
- Ability to communicate effectively on the telephone and in person.
- Ability to coordinate and maintain a routine to complex system of oral and written information and revise the system as necessary.
- Ability to express ideas clearly, concisely and convincingly.
- Ability to keep records and make reports.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
with other employees.
Applicants possessing these qualifications have a good probability for
success in this class. However, applicants not possessing these qualifications
should apply if they believe their training and experience will enable
them to perform the work successfully. Graduation from a standard high
school. Experience involving routine to complex office work in the maintenance
and construction field.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the
types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given
this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties
and responsibilities of any particular position.
10/1/80 5 513021231