ETSU provides standard desktop computers to faculty and staff in an effort to maintain current technology on campus for the betterment of ETSU as a whole and reduce the total cost of ownership.
- These computers are dispersed to two groups of employees through the Computer Replacement Project:
- new-position employees
- replacements for any computer where the warranty expires before June 30 of the current fiscal year.
- These replacements will be ongoing throughout the year
- Employees will have the option to choose between a PC or Macintosh computer and can choose to upgrade to one of at least four to six different configurations for each platform.
- ETSU pays the full amount for a base level or Level 1 PC desktop computer.
- Any of the pre-defined upgrades selected will result in the department being charged for the difference between the base model and the model selected