The McNair Program is honored to count over 100 current and former ETSU faculty members as McNair mentors! The centerpiece of the McNair program experience is the relationship that is developed between the intern and their faculty mentor. Mentors are being sought on a continual basis and all disciplines are encouraged to apply for a mentorship.
Benefits of Mentorship
· Up to $1000 (per intern) may be used to purchase items that will enhance your teaching and/or research or used for business travel.
· The receipt of additional assistance with your current projects
· Credit toward the “service” component
· Access to additional resources and support personnel
Responsibilities of Mentors
· Meet regularly with your intern(s) and provide guided assistance with the research project. (September-April)
· Review the intern(s) paper and presentation materials
· Provide career and academic advisement as appropriate
· Assist in the development of characteristics that will enhance the intern’s success in advanced study.
We understand that faculty member's time is limited therefore mentors are strongly supported by the program. Required paperwork is kept to a minimum and McNair staff supplements your involvement with the intern.
If you are already mentoring and need to complete a mentor report online click here.