To be the best College of Nursing in the state and region, nationally recognized in improving health through the innovation and integration of teaching, research, service and practice.
The mission of the College of Nursing is to facilitate the health of the community through excellence and innovation in nursing education, research, service and practice.
• Provide high quality nursing programs.
• Provide BSN, MSN, DNP, and PhD graduate to address nursing workforce needs.
• Provide culturally diverse opportunities for students and faculty.
• Engage in faculty and/or student research and scholarly activities that improve health and advance nursing knowledge.
• Deliver innovation health care in partnership with communities.
• Influence systems and policies, through professional leadership and collaboration to improve individual and community health.
• Engage in interprofessional education, research, service and health care delivery.
East Tennessee State University pursues its mission through a student-centered community of learning reflecting high standards and promoting a balance of liberal arts and professional preparation, continuous improvement, and based upon core values. The College of Nursing faculty and staff will support and exhibit the university's core values as follows:
PEOPLE come first, are treated with dignity and respect, and are encouraged to achieve their full potential;
RELATIONSHIPS are built on honesty, integrity and trust;
DIVERSITY of people and thought is respected;
EXCELLENCE is achieved through teamwork, leadership, creativity, and a strong work ethic;
EFFICIENCY is achieved through wise use of human and financial resources; and
COMMITMENT to intellectual achievement is embraced.
Approved at Faculty Council 5-9-2012