Search Options
ETSU Faculty/Staff
ETSU Students
ETSU People Search
MMR Policy FAQs

What is considered to be a Full-Time Student?
An undergraduate full-time student is considered to be any student enrolled in 12 or more credit hours.  A graduate full-time student is considered to be any student enrolled in 9 or more credit hours.

If I am a Part-Time Student, do I have to show proof of Two MMRs?
NO, only full-time students are required to show proof that they have received two MMR shots. If you would like to enroll full-time at any point with the university, you will have to provide verification of these shots.

Will a MMR hold keep me from registering?
Yes and No.  No, a MMR hold will not keep you from registering, but it will not allow you to register full-time with the university.  An undergraduate student will only be allowed to register for up to 11.99 credit hours and a graduate student will only be allowed to register for 8.99 hours.

Where Can I find proof of these vaccinations?
Most individual possess a vaccination record that they have maintained since they were a child.  Further, this information is often kept at the doctor's office or health department where the individual has been seen. Lastly, sometimes this information can be found in school transcripts. 

What If I am Unable to Find Proof that I have received these Vaccinations?
In the event that you are unable to find your immunization records.  You have a couple of options.

  • First, if you are uncertain as to whether you have received these vaccinations or not, you can simply get an MMR shot.
  • Second, if you are confident that you have received both of these vaccinations, you can get a titer drawn. A Titer is a blood draw that tests whether your body is immune to measles, mumps, and rubella. 

Both MMR vaccinations and MMR titers are available in the ETSU Student Health Clinic for a fee.

Note: Please keep in mind that if you have a titer drawn and your body does not have immunity to all three of those diseases, then you will have to pay the additional money to purchase the vaccination.

I recently submitted my immunization records for my academic department to meet my program requirements, will this meet my university requirements as well?
NO, in addition to meeting your program requirements you will have to provide proof of two MMRs to the ETSU Student Health Clinic to meet university regulation as well.  Because a record is submitted to one office, it cannot be assumed that it will be processed in another office.

Can I fax my records to the ETSU Student Health Clinic?
Yes, Our fax number is:

What if I would like to speak to someone regarding my Immunization Questions?
Please feel free to call the ETSU Student Health Clinic at:

direct edit