iOS Exchange Setup
- Go into the Settings
- Choose the option "Mail, Contacts, Calendars" and then "Add Account".
- Choose the account type "
" from the list.
- Enter the following information on the account set up screen, then click "Next". The 'Description' field is optional and is used to distinguish the account from others that may be configured on the device.
- The screen will refresh and ask for the server address. This is webmail.etsu.edu. Click Next to continue.
- The next screen will allow you to choose what you want to sync from the Exchange Server, Email, Contacts, and Calendars. Once you have selected your options just click "Save". It may take the device a few minutes to sync and download all of the information in the account.
- Now that your email is set up, you should have a pop-up on your screen asking you to set up a passcode. This is required by the Portable Computational Device Security Policy. Enter your passcode which has to be 4 characters long and contain all 3 of the following: a letter, number, and a symbol. NOTE: This passcode does not expire like your ETSU password does. NOTE: Your device may ask you to restart after entering your PIN.
Updating the password
When you change your ETSU domain password, you'll need to update your device to give it the new password. Otherwise, it will keep trying the old password and will lock your account out. Password updates are not done automatically.
- Tap on Settings
- Tap on "Mail, Contacts, Calendars"
- Tap on the entry for your ETSU e-mail account
- The top button should say "Account" and have your ETSU e-mail address on the right side. Tap on that button
- Erase what's in the Password field, type in your new password and then tap 'Done'.
- It should verify your new password and take you back to the previous screen. You can then exit out of Settings.
If it's not able to verify your password, try again. If it still fails, it could be that your account is locked out. If your account happens to be locked out, nothing will be accepted, even if you enter in the correct password. Feel free to contact the Helpdesk for assistance.