Wireless Setup Instructions
The following settings should get a Macintosh running OS X
10.4.11 (Tiger) or later to the ETSU wireless network. If you're
here because you've tried configuring your Mac to connect and
you're having difficulties, feel free to look at the
- Go to the Airport icon at the top right of the screen and
select "Join Other Network" from the menu.
- Select "WPA2 Enterprise" from the Security menu before
entering the network name.
- Enter "ETSUWiFi" (this is case-sensitive) as the network name
and your e-mail user name and password, then click join. The user
name does not need any special formatting, or the @etsu.edu
suffix. Click the join button and it will connect you to the
If you are having troubles connecting try the following
Open the "Keychain Access" program in your utilities folder and
look for Airport Network Passwords for either ETSU or ETSUWiFi, and
NOTE: The steps below only apply to OS X 10.5.8 or
- Under the Apple menu, open System Preferences, and go to
Network. Click the Airport icon, then the Advanced button in that
- Delete any entries in Preferred Networks for ETSU and
- Select the 802.1.X tab and if there is a System Profile
listed, uncheck it.
- Close out System Preferences and save the changes, then try
reconnecting to the ETSUWiFi Wireless.