New/Transfer Students

New students at the university must come to the ETSU Veterans Affairs Office for instructions and procedures involved to become a first time student using G.I. Bill benefits. New students that were previously active duty need to bring a copy of their DD-214. New students that are Reserves/National Guard should bring a copy of their Notice of Basic Eligibility (NOBE). If the student participated in a "top up" or "kicker" they should provide documentation.

Transfer students need only to bring a DD-214 and fill out a VA-Form 22-1995 or 22-5495 at the Veterans Affairs office at ETSU. At that time, procedures at ETSU for G.I. Bill benefits will be explained.


New Military Student Checklist