ETSU is grateful to those who have honorably served our country
and is pleased to offer assistance with the cost of education.
What is the Yellow Ribbon Program?
The Yellow Ribbon GI Education Enhancement Program (Yellow Ribbon Program) provides matching funds from the Department of Veterans Affairs as a supplement to the Post - 9/11 GI Bill (which pays up to the highest public in-state undergraduate tuition).
If a student enrolls at a Yellow Ribbon participating institution and the tuition and fees exceed the highest public in-state undergraduate tuition, additional funds may be available for their education program without an additional charge to their entitlement.
Yellow Ribbon Eligibility Requirements
Individuals entitled to the maximum benefit rate (based on service requirements) may receive this funding, You may be eligible if you:
1) Have served an aggregate period of active duty after September 10, 2001, of at least 36 months;
2) Were honorably discharged from active duty for a service connected disability and served 30 continuous days after September 10, 2001;
3) Are a dependent eligible for Transfer of Entitlement under the Post - 9/11 GI Bill based on a veteran's service under the eligibility criteria listed above.
1) If eligible, students should apply for benefits under the Post - 9/11 GI Bill with the Department of Veteran Affairs .
2) Apply for admission to East Tennessee State University. You can start the application process by clicking here .
3) Upon acceptance to ETSU, forward your Certificate of Eligibility to the Veterans Affairs Office to be considered for the Yellow Ribbon Program.
4) Complete the Application for Yellow Ribbon Program and return it to the ETSU Office of Veterans Affairs, PO Box 70561, Johnson City, TN 37614. The Certifying Official will review the application and contact the applicant.
For additional information, visit the Department of Veteran Affairs web site or the Yellow Ribbon Program FAQ .
Contact the school certifying official for ETSU's Yellow Ribbon Program at email@example.com or 423-439-6819.