Toxic and Hazardous Chemicals
Submissions of Requests to use Toxic/Hazardous Chemicals
- If the investigator(s) plans to use toxic/hazardous chemicals that may require special precautions, please submit a request for approval form and a protocol to the IBC.
- All work with toxic or hazardous chemicals must adhere to the policies and procedures outlined in the ETSU Chemical Hygiene Plan as mandated under OSHA 1910.1450(a).
- The Chair of the IBC and the ETSU Director of Environmental Health and Safety will review the request and determine if the request requires review and approval by the IBC.
- For requests requiring review and approval, the Chair will refer to the Chemical Safety Subcommittee.
- The IBC will review the request at the next meeting date and a letter will be sent to the PI soon after the meeting.
- Approvals will be granted for a period of three years.
- Approvals must be renewed every three years.