The Office of Research and Sponsored Programs Administration (ORSPA) assists members of the ETSU community in securing and managing external funding for their research, creative, instructional, and service activities.
ORSPA is responsible for ensuring that ETSU proposals, sponsored agreements and other research-related agreements conform to sponsor guidelines and are compliant with all federal, state, TBR, and ETSU policies and regulations.
ORSPA reports to the Vice Provost for Research and Sponsored Programs the institution's chief research officer and authorized official on sponsored programs.
Proposal Management and Submission
- Assistance with the identification and evaluation of funding opportunities
- Consultation on proposal development
- Budget development, review, and approval
- Proposal review, processing, and submission to sponsor
- Review and negotiation of sponsored agreements and other research-related agreements including material transfer agreements, confidentiality agreements, memoranda of understanding
- Drafting, negotiation, and processing of outgoing subawards and research-related agreements
- Preparation of awards for financial management by Grant Accounting
- Non-financial post-award functions including post-award rebudgeting and no-cost extensions, grant transfers and changes in key personnel
- Interim and final progress reports
Reporting on Sponsored Programs
ORSPA tracks and reports annually on the proposals submitted and the awards received by ETSU by fiscal year. These reports are available from the ORSPA website. Additional reports are available upon request.
** Education and training in areas including finding funding opportunities, grant writing, proposal development, and general sponsored programs administration is available to faculty, staff, and students through workshops, guest lectureships, and one-on-one consultation.
Securely e-mail a large file: https://dropbox.etsu.edu/