1.4.8. ARTICLE VII
Revised, May 1995
1.4.8. ARTICLE VII: Amendment Procedure
188.8.131.52. Initiation. This constitution may be altered by a procedure begun in either of the following ways:
1. By a petition signed by one-fifth (1/5) of the full-time faculty members.
2. Through a proposal supported by one-third (1/3) of the Faculty Senate members.
184.108.40.206. Ratification. Any amendments shall be ratified in the following manner:
1. An amendment must receive a favorable vote by a majority of faculty senators voting in an official Senate meeting to be held no sooner than one week after the initiatory procedure has been completed
2. The proposed amendment will then be distributed to the full-time faculty for review and evaluation.
3. Any such amendment must receive a favorable vote by a majority of the full-time faculty members voting thereon.