- Familiarize yourself with this ASRF website and the information it contains. Read carefully the helpful information on the Abstract Preparation page about composing an abstract for your project. Compose your abstract in MS Word, then when it’s finished, go to the registration page and read all its information, Then fill in and submit the registration form, copying and pasting your abstract into the appropriate boxes.
The deadline for registering is March 6, 2013. If all classes at the University are cancelled on March 6 due to inclement weather, the deadline will be Thursday, March 7, 2013.
- After you’ve registered, go to the website and find Presentation Type on the left menu, then click on the appropriate choice for your presentation – either oral or poster. Read all of the provided information about preparing your oral/poster presentation.
- If you’re doing a poster, you are to set up your poster on the afternoon of Wednesday, April 3, between 12 noon and 5 pm – if you’re giving an oral presentation, you are to e-mail us (at firstname.lastname@example.org) your PowerPoint presentation file no later than noon on Tuesday, April 2
- Practice! Practice! Practice your speaking part so that you don't omit any important information. Poster presenters have 7 minutes to speak, oral presenters have 10 minutes.
- Don't be late! Poster presenters need to be present at the poster by 8 am; oral presenters need to check in at the desk at the top of the stairs between 8 and 8:30 am on Thursday, April 4th in the Millennium Centre.