PURPOSE: The scholarship(s) assists students who are reentering ETSU after having been the (1) primary caretakers for their households and who have (2) proven academic success at ETSU. It is intended to help students earn their first undergraduate degree and to help them to prepare for the job market. The scholarship is designed to help fill the gap between the amount of money the ETSU Office of Financial Aid has been able to award and the amount of actual need as determined by application to that office.
AMOUNT: Awards usually range from $100 - $1000
Candidates for the scholarship must:
- Be enrolled as an undergraduate student at ETSU, taking no fewer than 6 credit hours with plans to be enrolled for the following fall term, as an undergraduate student taking no fewer than 6 credit hours.
- Be a student who is reentering the educational process, having completed 12 credit hours of coursework successfully at ETSU (current semester hours do not count).
- Be a student who has primary family caretaking responsibility (for example: children, grandchildren, parents, siblings, etc).
- Have a minimum of a 3.0 grade point average of ETSU Classes.
- Demonstrate the ability and determination to complete the requirements for an undergraduate baccalaureate degree.
- Have documented financial need. This means that students who apply for this scholarship must have also completed a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The Committee will verify this information with the financial aid office.
- Successful interview (interviews are upon invitation after all applications are reviewed by the committee) with the committee showing:
- Ability to articulate needs and goals
- Evidence of stability, maturity and primary family caretaking responsibility
- Communication skills
- Potential in job market
- Financial Need
- Academic Record
DEADLINE: March 31 at 4:30 pm
Applications should be submitted to:
Adult, Commuter and Transfer Services
Johnson City, TN 37614