Campus Recreation, the Basler Center for Physical Activity, and its programs are operated primarily with student activity fee funding.
Students who are currently enrolled in classes and have paid their fees are not required to pay an additional fee to use the BCPA. Each student must present their valid ETSU ID card to gain entry to the BCPA and any intramural sport.
Full-time faculty and staff members may also use the BCPA at no charge. Adjunct and part-time faculty/staff are able to purchase a membership for the BCPA. Just like students, faculty and staff members are required to present their valid ETSU ID card to gain entry to the BCPA.
Retirees may use the facility at no cost. Retiree Association Members who are not retirees, but who qualify for membership in ETSURA, are subject to the same fee as spouses of active employees.
Spouse/Domestic Partner and Dependent Memberships -
Effective July 1, 2010
In an effort to promote wellness within the ETSU Community, the Department of Campus Recreation has a Spouse/Domestic Partner and Dependent Membership program. The program is designed to encourage participation by students, faculty, staff, and ETSU retirees in activities at the BCPA by allowing their spouse/domestic partner and dependents (ages 21 and under) to utilize the facility and programs together.
To apply for a membership:
Current students, faculty, staff and ETSU retirees who wish to purchase Spouse/Domestic Partner or Dependent(s) Memberships are required to come with the sponsored members to complete an application.
- Required documentation will be noted by Campus Recreation staff and returned to the provider. Issues concerning validity of documentation will be subject to review by the Department of Campus Recreation. Spouse/Domestic Partners will be required to sign a statement of understanding.
- Please copy any documentation including social security numbers and remove the numbers.
Spouse/Domestic Partner - accepted documentation for spouse/domestic partner would include one of the following:
- marriage certificate or documentation of residence at same address (driver's license, household bill, mortgage/rental agreement, credit card bill)
Dependent - accepted documentation for dependents under the age of 21 would include one of the following:
- birth certificate or tax/insurance documentation verifying dependency, documentation verifying age of dependent and residence at same address (driver's license, school record, etc.)
Spouse/Domestic Partner and Dependent Members (ages 16-21) will be issued an ID card for access. Dependent children under the age of 16 must be accompanied and supervised by an adult at all times during the visit. Areas of the facility are restricted for dependent children under the age of 16.**
* Memberships can be purchased by cash, check, and ID Bucs. Payroll deduction is also offered for employees. Pricing listed above is based on a membership period from July 1st - June 30th
* Rates are prorated monthly and all memberships expire on June 30th each year.
|** For safety reasons, children ages 15 and younger will not be permitted in the weight room and cardiovascular equipment area, indoor track/workout area or in fitness classes. Children ages 12-15 may participate on the climbing wall with a parent/guardian present (equipment permitting).|
|** Children between the ages of 3 months to 8 years are eligible to use the Casual Care facility - if the child will will utilize any of the unrestricted areas of the facility a dependent pass will be required.|
Guest Pass Policy
Any BCPA member that presents their valid ETSU ID card may purchase a Guest Pass at the Membership Desk. All guests in the BCPA are required to have a Guest Pass. The following rules apply to Guest Passes:
- The BCPA member must present their valid ETSU ID card and the "Guest" must provide other photo identification.
- Guests must be at least 16 years old.
- Effective 07/01/10, The price of a Guest Pass is $5.00 and is NON-REFUNDABLE.
- Guest Passes are good from the time purchased until the BCPA closes that day.
- Guest Passes are only valid when the "Guest" is accompanied by the "Sponsor."
- Sponsors are limited to two (2) Guest Passes during the same day.
The BCPA and its staff reserve the right to deny access to any person at any time.