The Department of Campus Recreation Outdoor Adventure program is excited to begin programming at the new Basler Team Challenge and Aerial Adventure Course! There are several fun and challenging features to the ETSU’s new low and high ropes course. One of the most intriguing new activities is the Aerial Adventure course comprised of 21 unique climbing, zipping, walking, balancing, and swinging challenges as participants move from one platform to another. They are anchored to several large telephone poles at 3 different heights above the ground, which offers a range of features with varying levels of difficulty to allow you to stretch your limits, both physically and mentally, while harnessed up and safely on belay. The impressive new 44 foot Climbing Tower will feature the following new components: climbing, rappelling, bouldering, zip lines, and a giant swing. There are several low elements for team building programs. All experience levels are welcome!
The Basler Team Challenge and Aerial Adventure Course is located on ETSU’s campus at 503 Go Bucs Trail. The Challenge Course Pavilion 540 (north pavilion) is located at 505 Go Bucs Trail. Parking is available in lot 22A across from the challenge course pavilion from Go Bucs Trail.
The ETSU Outdoor Adventure Team Building and Challenge Course programs are available for the ETSU community, as well as for non-campus groups. Programming may include low elements, high elements, or a mix, based on program duration and goals. Beginning in the fall semester the new Tower & Aerial Adventure Course will be available during Open Climb hours for use by ETSU students, faculty, staff, and CPA patrons. Please check posted dates for type of activities offered on particular days. A valid ETSU I.D. is required to participate in Open Climb. Click here to find out how to get on the challenge course.
Please click here for group pricing for team building or group activities. Please note: with the opening of the new course there will now be fees associated for ETSU student organizations, groups, classes, and departments that want to schedule a team building program or group activity time on the low or high elements of the course. The course will be able to serve local non-profit and business groups pending staff and course availability.
Click here to check out the cool time lapse video of the beginning stages of construction for the new Basler Team Challenge & Aerial Adventure Course
Basler Team Challenge & Aerial Adventure Course - Team Building/Group Use Reservation Procedures
1. Complete Basler Team Challenge & Aerial Adventure Course Planning & Reservation Form. Fill out entire form, read the policies on the 2nd page, sign, & date.
2. Submit completed form to OutdoorAdventure@etsu.edu or turn in in to CPA Member Services at the CPA front entrance a minimum of two weeks prior to preferred date.
3. Contact Campus Recreation Assistant Director of Outdoor Adventure if you have questions/concerns:OutdoorAdventure@etsu.edu ; 439-7981.
4. The Assistant Director of Outdoor Adventure will work on scheduling your group on the preferred or alternate date.
5. Once the date is scheduled a $50 non-refundable deposit is required to hold the date for your group.
6. A Program Agreement/confirmation letter will be sent to the group leader stating program dates, times, number of participants and activities to be presented.
7. Basler Team Challenge & Aerial Adventure Course Need to Know Participant Info. & FAQ and Release of Liability/Course Policies documents will be included with the Program Agreement. Photocopy the appropriate number of forms for your group. Each participant is required to fill out and sign the release and policies form. If the participant is a minor (17 & under) a parent/legal guardian must fill out and sign the release. Completing and returning these forms to the Assistant Director of Outdoor Adventure prior to the program date will help maximize activity time.