Welcome to East Tennessee State University and to LAUNCH — the online orientation program for our newest Buccaneers. LAUNCH is required of all new students, freshmen and transfers. Attendance at a one-day on ground orientation is also required of all new students that live within 250 miles of the Johnson City, Tennessee campus. All students are encouraged to attend and guests are welcome. International Students, Cohort Students, and Second Degree Students who attended ETSU are exempt from the on ground orientation.
Any other exemption requests (including those who live outside the 250 mile radius) should be sent in writing from your ETSU Email/GoldMail account to firstname.lastname@example.org. You must include your name and E-Number.
At the end of LAUNCH, you will log into the Orientation system, pay your $30 new student orientation fee and reserve your date for on ground orientation. You can also register and pay the $30 fee for each guest* attending with you. (All fees are non-refundable) ETSU's new student orientation fee and guest fees cover the costs associated with the LAUNCH program, on ground orientation program, related meals, training, materials, new student handbook, and other activities.
* Please note that parents and guests have their own track of activities and will not be with their students for all of the day's events.
If you are unable to make a payment using a debit or credit card please contact our office at email@example.com or 423-439-4210 to complete a reservation form and make a payment using cash or check.
You will need your username, given to you in your acceptance packet.
Click on the Getting Started tab to your left to begin LAUNCH.
IMPORTANT IMMUNIZATION REMINDER!!
We recommend you have your immunization records on file 10 days prior to attending orientation in order to be able to register for classes. Failure to submit the appropriate documentation will prevent you from completing the class registration process or limit the number of hours in which you are able to enroll.
The State of Tennessee requires all students to meet immunization requirements prior to enrollment. All new students enrolled full time (12 hours or more) MUST:
1. Provide proof of two shots of Varicella (Chicken Pox) or documentation of
immunity (a titer), or physician documentation of the dates of having the disease.
2. Provide documentation of two shots of MMR (Measles, Mumps, and Rubella).
3. Provide a signed Hepatitis B/Meningitis Waiver Form: http://www.etsu.edu/nursing/shserv/documents/Hep_B_Waiver2011.pdf . Students under 18 must have this signed by a parent or guardian. YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO REGISTER FOR ANY CLASSES WITHOUT THE WAIVER FORM COMPLETED.
4. ALL NEW who live in "ON-CAMPUS" student housing, will be required to provide proof of adequate immunization against Meningococcal disease within the last 5 years, before moving into any on-campus housing.
More info on immunizations can be found HERE