The SORC is housed in three "suites" on the first level of the D. P. Culp University Center.
Bottom Level Culp Center, Library Side
Suite A has many student organization offices, Buctainment, Heroes, Student Activities, Multicultural Office, Sorority and Fraternity Life offices along with supplies and equipment for registered student groups.
Bottom Level Culp Center, Auditorium Side
Suite B houses Fraternity & Sorority Life, Residency Housing, and Coordinator of Fraternity and Sorority Life.
Lower Level Culp Center, Near the Cave Ramp
Suite C is home to the Student Government Association, New Student and Family Life Program and a wide variety of Community Service Programs
The mission of the Student Organization Resource Center is to promote the goals of the University by
- Enhancing communication between student organizations and university staff
- Improving collaboration and synergy between organizations and administrators in order to form partnerships and offer high-quality and well-attended programs
- Fostering respect for the diversity of people and ideas at ETSU through program and organization offerings
- Increasing awareness of the range of student organizations, activities and available resources for all students
- Strengthening the communication, leadership, and organization skills among members of student organizations
- Enhancing the visibility of student groups, their needs and their programs
The number one resource the SORC offers groups is access to other organizations in order to share resources, ideas and event plans.
Resources available to registered organizations include:
Computers with all types of software
Printers & Copiers (all sizes, black & white and color)
Button making machine
Markers, paints & die-cut machines
Paper folders, paper cutter, hole punchers and staplers
Storage space . . . and much more
Each registered organization is allotted 500 copies using black-and-white ink per month, as well as 100 color ink copies per semester. (Two sided printing does count as two copies).