to the web site of ETSU's general education program! There's something here for everyone:
Students and parents can read ETSU's requirements, learn about the benefits of general education and find out how to get person-to-person answers to questions.
Faculty will find resources for developing and teaching general education courses and advising students about general education requirements.
In December 2010, ETSU revised the rules governing reduced requirements for proficiency-intensive courses. Under the revised rules, the following categories of students are required to take one oral communication-intensive course, one information technology-intensive course and two writing-intensive courses:
- students with associate degrees or who complete such degrees after entering ETSU;
- students with 50 or more transferable semester credits upon entering ETSU;
- readmission students who earned at least 50 semester credits at ETSU before 1995;
- readmission students with at least 50 transferable semester credits upon first re-entry to ETSU; and
- readmission students who have at least 50 semester credits in categories C and D combined upon first re-entry to ETSU.
A Master Table of Proficiency-Intensive Courses is now available. Check the history of any oral communication-intensive, information technology-intensive or writing-intensive course at ETSU.